The Clubhouse Network Youth Response to COVID-19 and Racism
How to Participate
Upload/Sharing Instructions for Members:
- Please include your name, Clubhouse, and location in your post or submission.
- To be included in our gallery, please use the hashtag #ClubhouseVoices and your post must be made public.
- Acceptable platforms are Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, or SoundCloud. If you do not want to participate on social media, please email your file to email@example.com and your project will be posted through our Clubhouse Network social media pages.
Deadline: Submissions will be accepted through July and posted in a showcase gallery daily for viewing. The gallery will remain open until further notice.
For more information: Christine Monska, Youth Leadership Program Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
What is #ClubhouseVoices: The Clubhouse Network Youth Response to COVID-19 and Racism?
We currently live in a time period where youth all over the world are experiencing unprecedented changes to their daily lives due to the pandemic. Unfortunately, all voices are not being heard at the same frequency and levels which often results in an erasure of experiences. Young people, particularly those from low-income communities and communities of color, are heavily impacted by this health crisis but are often not the narrators of their stories in mainstream media.
The Clubhouse Network seeks to amplify creative youth expression and examples of leadership from members about the various ways they are navigating the COVID-19 crisis and the impact it has on their lives. We believe this is a time when self-expression, self-care, and community are critical tools for survival. To that end, we make this call for submissions to lift up all youth voices in our communities and to ensure that everyone is being heard.
Submissions can include graphic design, poetry/spoken word, illustration, public service announcements, inventions, campaigns, video, photography, and more.
Examples: designs and illustrations about emotions, public service announcements denouncing hate against groups, launching campaigns to educate others about public health concerns, 3D mask design for health care workers, educating younger siblings, and any other ideas you can imagine.
Please Note: The Clubhouse Network is a global community committed to fostering diversity, equity and inclusion for all people. Any submission that uses hate speech, discrimination on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, religion, or any other form of identity will be not be accepted. Please use your best judgment and if you have questions about submission requirements, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
For Clubhouse Coordinators
To post on Social Media: Please share the following content on your Clubhouse’s social media page.
- Caption: #ClubhouseVoices wanted! Don’t let YOUR pandemic experiences go unheard. Post a creation–graphic design, poetry/spoken word, illustration, public service announcements, inventions, campaigns, video, photography–that shows the world how you feel right now. Include your name, Clubhouse, location, and #ClubhouseVoices in your post! Learn more at clubhousevoices.org.
- Image: Download PNG | Download JPG
About The Clubhouse Network
The Clubhouse Network is an international community of more than 100 Clubhouses located in 21 countries, providing youth with life-changing opportunities for over 25 years.
Each Clubhouse provides a creative, safe, and free out-of-school learning environment where young people from underserved communities work with adult mentors to explore their own ideas, develop new skills, and build confidence in themselves through the use of technology.